Friday, March 16, 2012

Moroccan argan oil


Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment; $8 drugstores
Seeing all the hype about argan oil's benefits for your hair definitely made me want to give it a try myself. There are many products out there with steep price tags. I didn't want to drop $50+ for something I wasn't sure was going to work on MY hair. I've been a fan of Organix hair products for a while. They have wonderful smelling shampoos and conditioners that really make your hair feel good. I've been using their Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum for over a year and I don't go a day without it! So when I stumbled upon the argan oil line a few weeks ago I decided I had to try it out, Organix has worked wonders for my hair before.

I purchased this intense moisturizing treatment and couldn't wait to get it home and try it out. My first thoughts on this product were on it's wonderful smell. I can't quite describe it, but it's lovely. And after using it days prior, your hair still has this wonderful scent. Amaze!

Organix states that the treatment will renew your hair's inner health with argan oil nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamin E. This is exactly what my hair needs. I consider myself a flat iron junkie. I just recently purged myself of hot tools in salvation of my hair. I think this extra attempt has shown me what this little pot of gold can do. When I say that after using this product once I saw results, I really do mean it. My hair felt much softer! And so did my hands! Something I was not expecting.

I've been using this product for several weeks now and I've noticed a huge difference in my hair. The softness is almost unbelievable and my hair has a little extra bounce to it. The directions tell you to leave it on for 3-5 minutes before shampooing your hair and there are also other usage tips on the Organix website, here. But my trick is using it on my hair all night and a little bit as a styling creme. For my night time hair mask I apply the cream to my ends and wash my hair in the morning. (I do the mask about twice a week.) The formula doesn't leave any residue that will weigh down your hair. When I style my hair I use a quarter size amount of this cream along with my other hair products. I try not to use too much or my hair will feel sticky.

It's really made my hair look and feel good. I think I will definitely be using this for a while, along with the other argan products from Organix. Not just for hair, but body wash, lotion and oil as well. For about $8 it really is a bargain considering how great the product is.



10 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this for ages! It's so cheap , is this only avaliable in the us?

    Jen@www.pret-a-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's only available in the US.
      Their website might mention where you can pick it up. Organix.com :)

      xo Smitty

      Delete
  2. This looks really good :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just about to buy the organix argan oil shampoo and conditioner but decided to wait for a bit first!! i know what you mean, i dont wanna drop $$$$$ and not know if it will work for my hair or not! i dont know if ive seen this mask here in the UK but im defs gonna have a look, sounds like it did amazing stuff to your hair! great review xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! It's really cool. :) I hope you find it!

      xo Smitty

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this review! I've been using the expensive treatment on my hair and now that I am a broke student I wanted to use something more affordable. I was thinking about this but couldn't find any reviews and then up pop comes your post in my feed. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, perfect timing! I do love it! And they have different types of products with the argan oil. So you can use a serum nstead of a mask if you like. :)

      xo Smitty

      Delete
  5. seems like a good buy,will have to try it out. great blog :)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

if you have any questions tweet me @jessssmitty!