Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love & Beauty by Forever 21 Eyeshadow Palette





Love & Beauty by Forever 21 Eyeshadow Palette in Brown/Multi, $3.80
As you can see, when I first purchased these eyeshadows from Forever 21 I couldn't wait to use them. That is why these photographs aren't that pretty. I wasn't sure if I would love them enough to want to do a review on them. But since first using them, I've been using them ever since. I love the natural browns when it comes to my eyeshadows.

This palette has a nice balance of matte and shimmer colors. Both of the darker browns being matte and the lighter colors have the shimmer. Unfortunately my camera didn't pick this up in the pictures of the pan. The swatches I did on my arm show the colors very well. I would consider the quality of these as average. The same quality you could find in a selection of drugstore makeups. But I didn't write them off here. I knew when I was purchasing them they were not going to be the best makeup out there. I fell in love with the palette because it's such a pretty selection of colors. In the top swatches I used a primer underneath. In the bottom swatches I did not. You still get good coverage without a primer. Most of the time I do not wear any primer on my eyes. I've never really had a problem with my eyeshadows fading too much or creasing. And I still don't have that problem with these. The longest I've worn these was about 8 hours. They did fade slightly but wasn't too bad. You can see me wearing them here. I hate saying you get what you pay for because it sounds like a such a negative description. So when I say you get what you pay for I mean it in the most positive way because I really do love these shadows. And a plus, there is quite a lot of product for being under $4. The pans are pretty deep. I would definitely purchase more Love & Beauty products.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, here. And don't forget to check out my Frock Stock guest post tomorrow, here.

10 comments:

  1. Love the look of this palette, great how it has both matte & shimmer- definitely checking this out!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, they had some other pretty palettes too, not bad being under 4$ :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  2. I always forget primer too :L haha. I'm going to Forever21 tomorrow, definitely keeping my eyes peeled for this.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fade after 8 hours is not bad at all, I really love the colours I have a few palettes in these kind of shades that I use everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty good! Not bad at all, I love these kind of colors! :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  4. These are definitely my kind of colours :)
    Look lovely :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too lol! I can never really pull off bright colors in the rainbow lol, although I wish I could! :P
      xo Smitty

      Delete

if you have any questions tweet me @jessssmitty!