Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Birchbox Teen Vogue Edition



All products can be purchased at Birchbox.com

It's a little late for this post as it's almost to the end of March. So I wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my March Birchbox. This was actually my first Birchbox, I signed up for this after I was disappointed by my Julep Maven box in February. I received an email at the beginning of March from the Birchbox team asking if I wanted to get the Teen Vogue Birchbox this month instead of the regular March Birchbox. They had a limited number so I was intrigued and opted in. I'm happy I did so because I am quite happy with what I got.

1 Essie Luxeffects Polish in As Gold As It Gets, $8
2 Twirl Kate Spade New York, 3.4 fl oz $80
3 Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint, $24
4 Kérastase Elixir Ultime, 125 ml $54    
5 Twistband hair tie, 6 for $16
6 Vouchers to Modcloth.com and Teen Vogue Subscription

The Essie polish is one of my favorite products in this box. As with all of Essie polishes it goes on great. The gold glitter is subtle and looks very pretty atop matte polishes. I also received a sample size of the Twirl perfume by Kate Spade New York. This scent is wonderful! It's a girly musk scent. I'm quite terrible at describing scents. But I would recommend this! I'm thinking about purchasing the full size of this perfume. My other favorite product in this box is the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint. The color is gorgeous. It is a nice matte soft pink color. I'm thinking about doing a separate review on this soon as it's supposed to be very moisturizing and I haven't had much time to try it out. The Kérastase Elixir Ultime is a wonderful smelling hair oil that doesn't leave you hair feeling sticky. Instead leaves your locks feeling soft and looking shiny and healthy. I fell in love with this product after the first use. It's definitely going on my wish list, maybe I'll get it for my birthday this year. *crosses fingers* I'm going to make this sample size last as long as I can! The Twistband hair ties are probably the only thing that didn't intrigue me in this box. My hair is extremely thick, when I tried to use this I couldn't wrap it around my pony-tail more than twice. It was too loose for my liking. When I took down my hair it didn't pull on my hair or snag though. I think if you have thinner hair this would be perfect. But it's just not for me. My box also included some nice vouchers to Modcloth and a Teen Vogue two year subscription. I might be using the Teen Vogue one for my magazine addiction. This Birchbox makes me very excited for the ones to come!

10 comments:

  1. Love the products in this box, would love to have one like this in the UK! xx

    http://ocbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get some of the ones you have in the UK! lol :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  2. I Loove that essie polish! I almost bought that same polish last week ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box, I got an essie polish in one of my beauty boxes this month, it was a mini but they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I wish all beauty boxes were available everywhere! :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  5. I have the same box as you :) unfortunately I have the Deborah Lippmann version of that same polish, and my Tarte thing broke, so I only really used the twistband lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice idea.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

if you have any questions tweet me @jessssmitty!