Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tarte Lip Surgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Lucky


If you've been following my blog, then you've seen me wearing this lip tint quite a lot. I recieved this in my March Birchbox several weeks ago and since then it's been a super favorite of mine! You can see me wearing this here, here and here. :)

This lipstain has a nice creamy and matte formula that leaves your lips feeling moisturized and smooth. They have a peppermint smell to them, I love this! After applying this tint, your lips feel a slight cool and tingly sensation. This makes chapped lips feel so much better! When I first started using this mine were pretty bad. I get seasonal chapped lips from the cold weather and wind. I think in about a week my lips were back to normal from using this product. Actually, better than before really. For being a tint, these pencils are extremely pigmented. You can do a quick swipe for a hint of color or a few, to build up color for a bolder look. The shade I got in my Birchbox is a very pretty peachy-pink color. The formula stays on for quite a long time. Even after eating and drinking! Tarte says: Earth engineered from a proprietary blend of plant bio-nutrients our LipSurgence™ technology quickly absorbs into the skin delivering a surge of moisture on a cellular level while boosting peptides stimulate skin's own regenerative system and assist in the formation of collagen. This proprietary blend increases skin's water content for a 'plumped up' appearance. The result is naturally fuller, healthier lips without any irritation or stinging. I can definitely feel the difference in my lips these past weeks. They feel softer and look healthier. As for the fuller part, I only notice my lips looking fuller when I'm wearing the tint. But that's okay, I've excepted the fact that I will never have Angelina's lips. *sigh* As an added plus, these products are not tested on animals. No bunnies were harmed in the making. :) The packaging is cute and matches the shade. It has a pull-off silver cap. Also includes a twist-up bottom, so no need for a sharpener!

The only downside is the steep price at $24 a crayon. I may have gotten mine at under $10 (Birchbox price) but I can see myself purchasing this product at full price. I still have a lot of product left in my crayon but I don't want to run out! I'm pretty sure I will spurge to have this stay in my makeup bag.

20 comments:

  1. It's such a gorgeous colour and it really suits you! I should have a look for one of these because it's exactly what I want. Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing blog, and the swatch is so pretty!

    I am now following you, hope you will visit my blog and return the favor =) Thanks so much!
    JustTututiny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour, I'm not a fan of lipstick so I like the idea of a lip stain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great! It goes on light but then you could build color to your likeness :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  4. I do love this colour on you, it's so pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! I were it like everyday now! ;)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  6. This is such a Beautiful color! I must try it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Such a pretty soft pink! I love it! :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely shade of pink. love the smell of peppermint too.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love this!!! I love the way it goes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really great! Easy to apply and the formula goes on smoothly! :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  9. I love this color I love how it's kind of muted but is such a pretty rose pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too! It's the perfect everyday lip tint! :)
      xo Smitty

      Delete
  10. This sounds lovely, the colour is gorgeous!xx

    http://blamingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a gorgeous colour and the formula sounds perfect! Lovely blog! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

if you have any questions tweet me @jessssmitty!