Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine treats and Julep Maven beauty box

So I've been wanting to make Valentine themed cupcakes and cookies for a few days and finally got around to doing it yesterday. And since it's so close to the holiday I thought I would post pictures of them to give whoever some ideas for decorating etc. I decided I wanted to do a red, pink and white theme...of course, right? I made my cake batter pink and red with food dye. I believe I put about 5 drops of the dye for pink and about 20 for the red!  I did the same for the frosting, I split it three ways however, white, pink and red! The pictures show you the rest. And the ingredients are below! Happy Heart Day everyone!!!




Ingredients
Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix
Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
McCormick Red Food Color
Wonka Sweetarts
Milton Decorating Sprinkles

Needless to say, everyone thoroughly enjoyed the treats and there are hardly any left!!

Also, yesterday the post lady dropped off my Julep Maven beauty box! My first one ever, so I was really excited to open the box. Julep Maven is a Washington based beauty parlor where you can also purchase a variety of beauty products from nails to hair. They offer monthly Sneak Peak Boxes for purchase that contain their latest products for sample. Each month's box is worth about $40 of product. A Julep Maven membership costs $19.99. Before they ship you your samples they have you take the Julep Maven style quiz so that they can customize your box. When I took the quiz, my results were American Beauty. But I didn't feel that this was right so they allow you to choose a different style. This means throughout your membership you can also switch from style to style and get different kinds of products. The different styles are: American Beauty, Boho Glam, Bombshell, Classic With A Twist and It Girl. I personally went with Bombshell. And this is what I got in my beauty box:




Two bottles of polish and Julep TOPCOAT for hair.

The colors were Viola, a deep plum shade; and Oscar a gold sparkle polish. I loved the consistencies of these, they went on great! However, the Viola shade was a little disappointing. It's so deep of a purple it looks more like black. I was hoping you would be able to see the shade better in brighter lighting but not so much. The gold polish was pretty. The part I liked best was that it's very easy to take off as it is to put on. I've noticed that with most glitter polishes it takes extra effort to take it off, this was not the case with Oscar. The polishes cost $14 a bottle.


My favorite product in this beauty box was the TOPCOAT!! It smells absolutely amazing!! They describe the product as working just like a top coat with polish, adds shine and sleekness. The bottle says that it has silicones that protect against thermal damage while smoothing, conditioning and sealing your hair. I love this because I use hot tools on my hair almost every day, I know bad. The problems of unruly curly hair!! The smell is a delicious citrus, I've already got compliments on my hair smelling so good. I'm thinking I want to buy this soon! It costs $16 for a 2.5 FL OZ bottle. But you don't need to use that much so it seems like it will last me awhile, even though it's a small bottle. You can purchase these products at julep.com.

This weekend has been great thus far! Last night it started with margaritas and salsa with the boyfriend and his family. It was a lot of fun! And today was a day filled with shopping for our home we'll be buying soon. We purchased a bunch of kitchen stuff. It made me so excited and I just wish the move in day was a lot sooner! Well now I'm about to start some fun crafts for hair accessories that I will post tomorrow most likely. Until later bloggers!

XO,


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions tweet me @jessssmitty!